Last updated on 7th July 2021 (previously updated 12th May 2021).
Please see the Covid-19 section for updated guidance and requirement for pre-arrival Lateral Flow Testing and proof of negative result.
Please read all the information below carefully. This is where we explain what you agree to by purchasing a ticket for camping at Camp Kin, including conditions of entry to site and site rules, use of images, and terms and deadlines of payments. Terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
We may amend these Terms & Conditions at any time. You should check the website from time to time to review the current Terms & Conditions, as they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms & Conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms: (a) located on particular pages at the website; or (b) notified to you, from time to time.
All purchasers and patrons agree to these conditions as part of the ticket buying process. The purchase of tickets and subsequent entry onto the event site constitutes an acceptance by the purchaser and all entrants of these terms and conditions, and implies an undertaking on the part of those to observe them.
The Ticket Sellers (TTS) are our sole ticket and resale agent. No other body is authorised to sell or resell tickets. Tickets will not be valid unless purchased from TTS.
Contact via: www.theticketsellers.co.uk
All tickets to Camp Kin available from TTS are sold as personal and revocable licenses on behalf of Kambe Events Ltd.
Kambe Events Ltd reserves the right to change all, or any, arrangements concerning Camp Kin without notice or with any obligation whatsoever to refund.
The live event dates (subject to licence approval) for Camp Kin 2021 are as follows:
Weekend 1 Friday 23rd July – Sunday 25th July
Weekend 2 Friday 30th July – Sunday 1st August
Weekend 3 Friday 6th August – Sunday 8th August
Provisionally the site and campsites open at midday Friday and all public patrons must leave site by midday on Monday. More detailed information and confirmation of opening times will be sent to ticket holders ahead of the event.
In the event of any breach of these Terms & Conditions, Kambe Events Ltd, it’s staff and agents reserve the right to cancel tickets, refuse admission, remove the holder, or to confiscate offending articles, as the case may be, and in any case, to retain any monies paid for the relevant ticket(s).
Kambe Events Ltd reserves the right to refuse admission or charge additional surcharges if an incorrect ticket has been purchased and may conduct security searches of your person and belongings on entry to the event to meet our duty of care and licensing conditions.
Kambe Events Ltd reserves the right to cancel tickets purchased for any reason.
COVID-19 – KEEPING YOU SAFE
We aim to provide you with the most safe, spacious and relaxing, pre-pitched camping experience we can at the beautiful Kelmarsh estate. We are doing a lot and we need your help too.
It is expected that in order to adhere to conditions of license and maintain the paramount focus of Kambe Events on customer and crew safety, additional measures in relation to Covid-19 will be in place. The preparation, planning and mitigation of risk will be dynamic. Updates are to be expected, but we draw your attention to the specific instructions, entry requirements and current clauses below.
In accordance with recommendations from local authorities and in order to keep everyone as safe as possible, we require everybody (over 11 years of age) coming onto the Camp Kin site (audience, artists, vendors, volunteers and crew) to take a Covid-19 rapid lateral flow test (LFT) within 48 hours of arrival to site. All persons entering site will need to show proof of a negative test result to gain entry. Proof of a negative LFT result is required regardless of vaccination status. Vaccination status cannot be used as an alternative to a LFT result.
It is the responsibility of ticket buyers to source their own test kits. You can order free packs of rapid lateral flow tests to be sent to your home from the Gov.uk website here or pick up a free box from one of thousands of pharmacies – you can find a pharmacy here
Your test result must be submitted to NHS online here.
You will receive a text and an email confirmation of the result. Either of these confirmations of submission, in the same name on your ticket, is what all patrons over 11 years of age are required to show on entry.
Whilst we will make every effort to communicate any significant and specific changes to all, we again note it is the responsibility of ticket holders to check for updates to these terms and conditions. This is particularly encouraged ahead of the normal and maintained deadline for refunds – 4 weeks ahead of the event (see the “CANCELLATION, MISUSE AND REFUNDS” section below).
We will implement all relevant government regulations and advice, as well as going above and beyond, to ensure as much as is humanly possible we create a well managed Covid secure environment.
- In light of the current COVID-19 pandemic, you understand that there are particular risks associated with attending any outdoor gathering (including Camp Kin). We will take reasonable steps to comply with any relevant guidelines intended to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and we will make you aware of these measures. However, we cannot be responsible for the behaviour or health of other Camp Kin attendees and cannot effectively ensure that no attendees at Camp Kin will have COVID-19. Accordingly, we will not be responsible if you catch COVID-19 at Camp Kin or for any illness or death of any Camp Kin attendees caused by COVID-19.
- You understand and accept that you will be attending Camp Kin and using any facilities on-site at your own risk.
- To help us to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we ask that you:
- a) do not attend Camp Kin if*:
- you have tested positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of the commencement of Camp Kin;
- you display any symptoms of COVID-19;
- you live with somebody who displays symptoms of COVID-19 or who has tested positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of the commencement of Camp Kin; or
- you are otherwise required to self-isolate.
- *note that where there is a conflict between any of the provisions in this paragraph 3.a and any updated government guidelines, the updated government guidelines will apply where they are stricter than the provisions set out in this paragraph 3.a;
- Follow all guidelines and/or entry requirements notified by us to you and which will apply to your attendance at Camp Kin. This may include remaining in restricted groups or testing on entry or prior to attending Camp Kin. We may be required to amend our guidelines before or during Camp Kin and ask that you comply with any updated guidelines notified to you;
- Follow all government guidelines (which may be updated from time to time);
- Provide your contact details and those of members of your booking party via our e-ticketing platform, to a member of Camp Kin staff as directed upon entering Camp Kin, or if required download and use the government’s official COVID-19 tracing app, for the purpose of notifying you where you may have come into contact with somebody who has tested positive for COVID-19;
- You will notify us if you test positive for COVID-19 after attending Camp Kin for the purposes of notifying other attendees who may have come into contact with you whilst at Camp Kin.
- You understand that you are fully responsible for all costs incurred in following all guidelines and/or entry requirements, including all government guidelines.
- You understand that we have the right, at our complete discretion, to:
- refuse entry to any attendee who we reasonably believe may display COVID 19 symptoms or who may not have followed government guidelines or our guidelines or entry requirements;
- require that any attendee leaves Camp Kin where we reasonably believe that they may not be complying with these terms or any of our or government guidelines in force in relation to COVID-19.
- If we are required to exercise a right in paragraph 5, you acknowledge and agree that we will not be obliged to refund you for your ticket and any other costs you have, or might incur.
- If you are unable to attend Camp Kin because of any of the reasons in paragraph 3a (or because of any updated government guidelines), provided that you supply to our ticketing agent, The Ticket Sellers or firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on the eve of the live event date, evidence we may reasonably require to support this, we will cancel your ticket and provide you with a refund of the same. We will not be liable for any additional costs incurred by you.
- If government guidelines mean that we need to operate a reduced capacity at Camp Kin in order for us to comply with those guidelines, you understand that we have the right, with regret, to cancel your attendance to Camp Kin. In the unfortunate event that we need to exercise this right, you acknowledge that the tickets that we cancel will be at our complete discretion and based on a ‘last sold first cancelled’ basis. In these circumstances, we will notify you as early as possible and refund to you the full amount of any tickets cancelled (less booking fees applied by TTS). We will not be liable for any additional costs incurred by you.
What we already have in place;
- All pitches will be designated, group specific, marked and well-spaced.
- Person tickets can only be booked, via a lead booker and in conjunction with a pitch type of your choice. Whilst we recognise this may be an inconvenience for some groups it is an essential part of the mode of event design that would, in the event of an outbreak of Covid, allow us to manage, trace and isolate particular groups.
- All glamping pitches will have their own private toilets specifically for their use. Bring Your Own (BYO) tent and Campervan pitches will have the use of shared toilet facilities at a provision well above recommended capacity levels. Toilets will be subject to heightened cleaning regimes and sanitised on a rolling regular basis by event staff.
- Showers will be open in 4hr blocks, sanitised after each user and each block deep cleaned for 1 hour every 4 hours.
- All pre-pitched accommodation tents will have a four-night break between guests, during which time they will be thoroughly deep cleaned, with bedding washed at high temperatures.
- Hand sanitiser stations will be installed throughout the site, including shower blocks, food & drink traders, wash stations, access points, water points and points of sale.
- A comprehensive risk assessment is in place and robust event management processes will be adhered to.
- All food and drink providers will follow all government guidelines in the handling and serving of food and beverages.
- An RFID cashless payment system will be in place at the event, mitigating transmission risk, reducing transaction time and the need for queuing. Your RFID wristband will be accepted at all points of sale. Cash will not be accepted except by arrangement at the onsite top up station. See the “RFID Cashless” section below for more information.
- All our service providers will be COVID-19 compliant.
- Appropriate PPE will be worn by all event staff in public facing roles.
- Additional training is in place for event staff, contractors and service providers.
- All areas will have ample space to allow all patrons to socially distance from other attendees.
- Safety signage & distancing markings have been planned and will be installed across site.
- Further attendee information will be compiled and distributed pre-event.
It is advisable for all patrons to limit contact with others ahead of attending Camp Kin.
Everyone in your party must comply with current (at the time of the event) government rules on groups, social distancing and hygiene measures.
Although we will provide adequate washing facilities and hand sanitizer on site, it would be a good idea for you to also bring your own hand sanitiser and cleaning materials.
No guests or visitors are permitted on site only the specified members of a booking.
Whilst you are encouraged to explore the estate and surrounding areas it is advisable for all to minimise local community contact wherever possible. Food, drink and essential supplies will be available onsite.
What to do & expect when you arrive;
- We can only accept vehicles onto the site that have been pre-registered and a vehicle pass paid for in advance.
- You will receive a routing pass that you will need to print and fix to the inside of your windshield.
- You should arrive with the vehicle windows closed. All passes and tickets will be scanned by event staff from outside of the vehicle.
- You will be directed to follow signage to the accreditation / reception point.
- Here you will need to have your e-tickets ready to be scanned. This will again be done via closed vehicle windows. Please DO NOT open your window for this purpose, or until instructed to by event staff.
- At accreditation you will receive your weekend wristbands and associated information for your stay.
- You will then be instructed where to park your vehicle. The vehicle park is next to the pre-pitched tents. Wheelbarrows will be available to use to transport items to your pitch, but in the interests of safety all vehicles (except Campervans) will be parked away from pitches.
- In cases of required support, exceptional circumstances and weather permitting, luggage support and banksman escorts to pitches may be provided by, and at the discretion of, event staff.
GENERAL TICKET TERMS
- Ticket(s) purchased will be confirmed via email on the day of purchase. All e-tickets (and any applicable routing passes associated with the purchase of vehicle tickets) will be sent by email on the 12th of July 2021.
- If there is a change of email address subsequent to ticket purchase, it is the purchaser’s responsibility to update their account details with the ticket agent, to ensure receipt of e-tickets.
- Kambe Events Ltd reserves the right to refuse admission, charge additional surcharges if the incorrect ticket has been purchased and may conduct security searches of person and belongings on entry to the event to meet our duty of care and licensing conditions.
- Kambe Events Ltd reserves the right to cancel tickets purchased for any reason.
- All tickets are sold subject to availability and at the prices listed on the ticket page via our sole agent TTS.
- All Kambe Events listed ticket prices are “face value” amounts with some ticket types subject to agent booking fees listed and applied by TTS at the point of sale.
- The quantity of any and all tickets available and the volume that may be purchased by customers may be restricted wholly at the discretion of Kambe Events Ltd.
- All entrants to Camp Kin must be within the correct age bracket of tickets on the opening date of the event weekend attended. Identification checks may be requested, refusal of entry or surcharges may be applied should a patron hold the wrong ticket type upon arrival to site.
- All patrons (adult, kids & Under 5s) must have the correct ticket type and must be booked as part of a pitch booking (Glamping, BYO or Campervan). It is not possible to book person tickets without a pitch.
- All individuals are counted as a person(s) irrespective of age and must have a booked ticket. Access will be granted to the campsite for the full weekend (Friday noon to Monday noon). All attendees will be issued a wristband, which is non-transferable.
- Linked ticket rules apply, and some ticket types can only be bought in conjunction with others.
- It is not permitted that vehicles are slept in during the event, except properly converted campervans.
- You must bring all tickets and routing passes with you to the event and you will be required to follow instructions contained within the ticket email with regards to presenting them in a Covid secure manner.
- Ancillary items may be purchased in advance or onsite, subject to availability.
- In order to help prevent fraudulent activity, the set up of RFID cashless and meet Covid19 guidelines, we need to collect contact details for each attendee. Please list the name, age, mobile & email for each person in your group as part of the data capture process when booking with TTS. If you do not have all the information at the time of booking you will need to log back into your account and update the information before e-tickets are sent out (12th of July). These details will not be shared with anyone except in the case of a formal Covid-19 request from Public Health England or relevant local authorities.
- In the case of minors, a name and date of birth should be entered, but it is acceptable for parents / guardians to use their email address and phone number.
- Under 18’s cannot attend the event without an adult of 21 years or older as part of their group booking (max 3 per adult).
- In case of emergency, we need to ensure that we are able to care for under 18’s in their best interests and that may require us to take action immediately, for example medical treatment for a minor. Treatment may require permission from a legal guardian.
- The lead adult purchaser is the assumed responsible adult and guardian for any under 18’s they purchase tickets for. Kambe Events Ltd will assumes loco parentis status of the lead adult purchaser on the basis;
- It is understood when booking that the loco parentis guardian for any minor at the event, and or campsite, are legally entitled to make decisions for that child in emergencies.
- It is the responsibility of any such guardian to have requested and been given permission by the legal guardian of the child to act as loco parentis in emergencies.
- All under 18’s must be accompanied by their associated guardian / adult upon entry to the campsite.
PITCH TYPES & VEHICLE BOOKING INFO
All pitches types are, unless by the express consent of Kambe Events, restricted to a maximum number of 6 adults and 10 persons in total (eg – 6 adults and 4 children/4 adults and 6 children, etc). Please contact email@example.com or any further information or any enquiries.
- Furnished glamping pitches with accommodation options of bell tents, yurts and tipis.
- Each glamping pitch is 10m x 10m.
- Each has its own private portable toilet for the exclusive use of the group.
- Each toilet will be deep cleaned, sanitised and stocked pre-event.
- To avoid cross contamination toilets will only be serviced by event staff once groups. leave site, except in the case of malfunction or requested attention (extra charges may apply).
- Shared shower facilities are available in the separate glamping field.
- Additional tents may be brought by patrons, but all must fit within the marked bounds of the pitch (including guy ropes).
- Additional persons may be added to the pitch booking above and beyond the capacity of the glamping accommodation.
- Please see the website and ticket page for full details of glamping provision.
- All van pitches are 8m x 8m (please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if your vehicle is longer than 8m – we may not be able to accommodate you at this event).
- Only one campervan is permitted per pitch.
- Caravans are also permitted in campervan pitches. If you are bringing a caravan, you will be able to drive to your pitch to unhitch, and then will need to return your car to the carpark for the duration of the weekend. You do not need an additional car park pass for your towing vehicle.
- An additional tent, awning and or persons may be added to your booking, but all must fit within the marked bounds of the pitch (including guy ropes).
- Patrons are responsible for bringing their own campervan vehicles and the safety of them.
- Your vehicle pass for the campervan is included in the pitch booking.
- If your group brings additional vehicles relevant passes must be purchased.
- Shared toilet and shower facilities are available for use.
Bring Your Own Tent Pitches
- Smaller 6m x 6m pitches (designed for single tents) and larger 10m x 10m (designed for larger multiple tent family / household groups) are available.
- Additional tents and or persons may be added to your booking, but all must fit within the marked bounds of the pitch (including guy ropes).
- Vehicle passes are required for all vehicles within your group and attending the event.
An interactive pitch picker system is in operation. Once booked changes to your onsite location are not possible without refunding and rebooking, subject to availability and the terms of refund below (see “CANCELLATION, MISUSE AND REFUNDS”).
Any additional furnishings either purchased via TTS (e.g. picnic benches) or brought by patrons must also fit within the bounds of your pitch.
Please note fire pits (see “Campsite Rules” below) must be at least 3m from any structure.
A vehicle pass must be purchased for cars and motorbikes in advance. Campervan pitches include your vehicle pass. A routing pass with directions and arrival procedures will be sent with your e-tickets ahead of the event.
The car and motorbike parks are immediately adjacent to the BYO campsite.
Patrons who purchase glamping accommodation pitches will be permitted to drive on to site to a designated drop off area and will then be required to return their vehicle to the car park.
A donation will be made to Ecolibrium to balance the carbon emissions of all vehicle journeys from each vehicle ticket and campervan pass. This is included in the face value of the tickets (£2 for Campervans, £1.50 cars, 50p per motorbike).
Available through the TTS booking page there are several optional extras that can be booked in advance, including picnic benches, fire pits and sustainable locally sourced wood and charcoal – full details available on the booking page
These items are free of booking fees. Once booked they will be made available at your designated pitch upon arrival to the event.
Activities are understandably restricted at the moment. Government guidance is being updated regularly and we are following the developments. Venues and events have restrictions on live performances, including drama, comedy and music, but we will consider all options, whilst always putting safety first.
This event has been designed from an outdoor, socially distanced basis and whilst we remain hopeful of the relaxation of rules, we will also continue to strike a balance with our own site rules and will reflect on consumer confidence and apprehension around opening up in doing so.
We are keeping abreast of all developments and are creating a timetable of optional activity extras for you to participate in.
Many activities and all stage performances are included within the ticket price free of charge, but additional charges may apply for some (e.g. SUP paddle boarding and massage therapy).
Further information and advance booking opportunities will be released via Camp Kin website.
Please be aware that this is a small campsite (in very large grounds). There will be little artificial night-time lighting (beyond the food traders, services, bar areas and festoon connecting the car park to camp hub). This is in part to avoid light pollution and protect the natural beauty of the experience. Please bring your own lamps and torches.
Site rules must be observed at all times.
Site rules apply to all areas of the event site and Kelmarsh Hall grounds including car parks. They also include and are supplemented by any published information and or amendments via email, Kambe websites, TTS, on site notices and by any other official agents or output of the company.
We reserve the right to eject and evict individuals or groups, for the contravention of these site rules, or for any reason whatsoever, at the discretion of Kambe Events staff.
There are 200 acres on the estate alone for you to use, so feel free to bring your own playthings, bikes, instruments and games. Just remember to keep toys, instruments etc within your camping group and take appropriate sanitising measures.
For those who attended the Carry On Kelmarsh event in 2020 the layout will be different. Whilst there will be access to the lake and woodland areas of Kelmarsh Hall event site the campsites and hub will be in more sheltered areas away from the large open field by the lake.
Access to certain areas of the estate will be restricted and some areas will only be open between specified times due to other public functions on the estate. Further information will be released and patrons must abide by the timings and respect open and closed locations.
- Amplified music is not permitted on site, other than personal speakers. These may be brought to the event and used privately but must be used considerately, with respect to other campsite guests. Patrons must follow the campsite noise policy, and all patrons must cease using any personal speakers at the request of event staff.
- Misuse may result in the confiscation of equipment and or eviction from site.
- A policy of “low noise” (considered to be normal speaking volume) will be adopted from 8pm in the campsite, at the judgement and discretion of event staff.
- A policy of “no noise” (inaudible to campsite neighbours) from 11pm is expected in all areas of the site, at the discretion of event staff.
- A site speed limit of 10 mph must be adhered to at all times.
- No public vehicles are permitted to enter the campsite hub area at any time.
- A valid wristband must be worn by all patrons at all times.
- Personal identification must be shown upon request.
- Anti-social, abusive, violent, threatening or predatory behaviours will not be tolerated.
- Camp Kin and Kambe Events Ltd have a no drugs policy.
- Our eviction policy includes the use of nitrous oxide.
- No animals may be brought anywhere on site. (Registered guide dogs are an exception to this rule).
- You may bring limited amounts of alcohol for personal consumption (but we hope as many as possible will support our independently and ethically sourced bar and food traders on site).
- Smoking is not permitted in enclosed public spaces or buildings including toilets, tents and venues. This includes e-cigs & vaping.
- Fires, BBQ’s and camp stoves are permitted in pre-pitched campsites if they are off the ground and responsibly managed.
- Disposable BBQ’s are not allowed.
- Fire damage to any pitch or infrastructure will result in extra reparation and damage charges. The lead booker for any pitch is liable for any charges should they be required.
- Fires must be at least 2m from any tent and 3m from any vehicle.
- Fires, BBQs and cooking stoves are not permitted in any structures (including glamping accommodation), car parks or other areas.
- Fires must be attended at all times and kept well away from gas canisters and cookers. Event staff may extinguish any unattended or non compliant fires. Charges may apply.
- The use of drones or similar equipment for any reason is prohibited on or near the event without written permission from Kambe Events Ltd.
- Floating / sky lanterns
- Drones or other airborne apparatus
- Gas bottles larger than 2.7 kg
- Non-personal / excessive amounts of cigarettes or rolling tobacco
- Non-personal / excessive amounts of alcohol
- Any items with an intention to retail without prior arrangement
- Nitrous Oxide
- Sound systems
- Body piercing equipment
- We want Camp Kin to be a safe space in all ways and strongly believe that everybody has the right to enjoy the campsite experience free from harassment, microaggressions, abuse or intimidation.
- We are committed to ensuring that Camp Kin is an inclusive space for communities targeted by discrimination such as racism, sexism, transphobia, ableism and homophobia.
- We welcome feedback on how we can improve on these efforts. Every person who attends Camp Kin has a shared responsibility to oppose discriminatory behaviours and promote inclusivity.
- This is a community, and everybody is welcome.
ACCESSIBILITY & PERSONAL ASSISTANT (PA) TICKETS
- There is no specified accessible camping area at the event, although facilities will be made available.
- Please email email@example.com to discuss any accessibility support that may be required.
- PA tickets are available to attendees on PIP, DLA middle or higher rate allowances, CredAbility Access Card, evidence of being registered severely sight impaired and a recognised Assistance Dog ID Card.
RFID CASHLESS SYSTEM
As part of Kambe’s continuous drive to innovation we are trialling an RFID cashless system at Camp Kin.
The system will be in place at the event largely as part of our Covid safe management plan; mitigating transmission risk, reducing transaction time and the need for queuing.
There are however significant other benefits to the customer.
- Lost wristbands can be replaced and with the full residual balance and continued ability to transact (unlike losing cash or cards).
- Funds can easily be distributed to other members of your group (i.e. kids spends)
- Automatic refund available for those who register online
Your RFID wristband will be accepted at all points of sale. Bank card payments will not be accepted anywhere at the event except at the designated onsite top up stations.
All attendees will be encouraged to top up in advance and during the event online. This can be done on phones, tablets and computers and avoids having to attend the top up station on site as your balance will be added to your wristband as part of the accreditation process on the gates. There are several other useful features available online such as family groups for distribution of funds and auto-top up.
It is not necessary to set up a cashless top up account in advance online though and patrons may use the walk up top up station to add money to their wristband using debit or credit cards.
There will be no fees charged on any amounts added to your cashless balance and wristband.
Residual balances for customers who have registered online will be automatically refunded on the Tuesday following your respective weekend event. Persons who top up onsite only and do not register online, will be required to submit a residual funds refund request within 14 days of the event. It will take unto 5 working days for refunds to be processed.
A £1.00 processing fee will be deducted from all refund requests.
All patrons who have not registered for an online top up account will not get an automated refund. In such cases patrons will have 14 days from your respective departure day (the Monday after your respective weekend) to claim refunds online.
To claim any residual funds post event patrons will be required to register an online account and bank details for the refund. No cash refunds can be offered. Funds may be spent in full on site, shared with others as part payment towards goods and services from multiple cashless IDs / wristbands. Thus avoiding the need to claim refunds!
CANCELLATION, MISUSE AND REFUNDS
Although we will do our best to keep you informed of any cancellation, it is the ticket holders’ responsibility to establish whether an event has been cancelled and the date and time of any rearranged event.
Kambe Events Ltd has no obligation to refund any monies or exchange tickets should the programme be altered, or varied, for any reason.
Tickets are sold “subject to license” approval.
Tickets are not refundable under any circumstances other than;
- The cancellation of the event by Kambe Events Ltd
- A refund request is made more than 4 weeks ahead of the opening day of the event
- The event is moved to another date which prohibits you from attending
- Customers are not able to attend due to current Covid-19, Government and Public Health England guidelines, (notification and evidence must be provided to Kambe Events and its agent in advance of the live event dates as outlined above in the Covid-19 section of these terms and conditions.
In the event of the unforeseen cancellation of the event, tickets may be transferable to a future event.
Only tickets bought via the official website and issued via our official agent are valid. Avoid disappointment and fraud – please do not buy or sell tickets from anywhere else (forums, eBay, Viagogo, Gum Tree etc). Tickets may not be transferred or re-sold except via our official ticket agent channel – TTS.
If tickets are found to have been listed, re-sold or transferred for profit, or commercial gain on any unofficial platform (for example being sold on eBay for more than the original face value), by anyone other than Kambe Events Ltd and their ticket agent TTS, they will be voided, the holder refused entry and all tickets in the purchasers’ order will automatically become non-refundable.
Under normal circumstances all tickets are refundable up to 4 weeks ahead of the opening date of the event, excepting those expressly sold as non-refundable, or becoming non-refundable under circumstances specified in these terms and conditions.
Any refunds are for the face value of tickets purchased at the point of sale with TTS. All TTS fees including but not limited to booking, transaction fees and booking protect customer insurance arrangements are non-refundable and outside of the scope of these terms and conditions. All ticket buyers should also review the TTS Customer T&Cs.
All refunds may be subject to £5 administration charge (per order), applied and retained by TTS.
All ticket and refund enquiries must be directed to the official ticket agent – The Ticket Sellers
Kambe Events Ltd is unable to accept any liability to replace any tickets lost, stolen, damaged or unauthorised use of e-ticket codes resulting from the sharing, deliberate or accidental, of e-tickets and barcodes by purchasers, after they have been received. NB. Once an e-ticket is used or ‘spent’, it becomes invalid and any further persons attempting to use an e-ticket or barcode will be rejected.
If an event of Force Majeure occurs which is outside the reasonable control of Kambe Events Ltd, Kambe Events Ltd shall notify the booker and or ticketholder specifying the nature, cause and likely effect of the Force Majeure event. Kambe Events Ltd will not be deemed to be in breach of this Agreement (including cancelling the event) where such breach or failure to perform is as a result of a Force Majeure event.
“Force Majeure” means: (a) any cause preventing the Kambe Events Ltd from hosting or staging the Event (in whole or part) or otherwise from entering the festival grounds due to any unavailability of the festival grounds or any actions or omissions of the festival grounds’ owner; and/or (b) where the following occurs or there exists a real likelihood or material threat of the following occurring: any other event, act, statute rule regulation or act of any government or any other legally constituted authority, non-happening, omission or accident (including without limitation fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disasters acts of God, war (whether declared or not), threat of or preparation for war, terrorist activity, failure of public utilities or civil commotion, royal demise) beyond Kambe Events Ltd’s reasonable control.
- Kambe Events Ltd, Camp Kin and our official agents can accept no responsibility for any personal property.
- Please do not bring unnecessary valuable items or excessive amounts of cash, as card payments will be available.
- Photographers and videographers may be on site, capturing images and video recordings of the event, including all patrons. The audience has no rights to these images, and Kambe Events Ltd or any authorised third party is entitled to free use of these images and recordings in any reasonable manner without claim.
- Terms and conditions are subject to change at any time. We encourage you to review regularly for any changes.
- ROAR – Right of admission reserved by Kambe Events Ltd and Camp Kin at all times.
- All of these terms and conditions are governed by English law. Disputes arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.